USPS, the best shipping service center offers various services in which we all transport our important files, documents, and packages from one person to another. USPS had made all our works easier.
Among all the services USPS Package Pickup is the one in which the user can send the packages without going to the post office. In today’s article, we are going to discuss the USPS Package Pickup.
Table of Contents
USPS Schedule Pickup: What Does Package Pickup Mean?
Package Pickup is the best service offered by USPS which allows the user to receive the mails at their home. The best part of this service is that it is free of cost and we can send any number of packages, but we have to make sure that the weight should not be more than 70 pounds.
For availing the facility if the Package Pickup we have to send the package by using any one of the services mentioned below:
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
- Priority Mail International
- Priority Mail Express International
- Global Express Guaranteed
The most important point which we all have to consider is that we can send packages through other media mail classes such as Media Mail, Parcel Select Ground, First Class. The condition is that that there should be at least one Priority Mail Express, Priority Mail, or approved International Package.
How Do You Schedule A USPS Pickup?
Most of us feel difficulty in scheduling a pickup. The customers can do it easily online. They have to visit the official website and follow a few steps. You may follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official page to schedule the pickup or access the link given here:
You will see the home page as follows:
- The first option you see is Where Should We Pickup? Fill the information in the boxes which include your first name, last name, mobile number, address, email, city, zip code.
- After entering the details, the second page will consist of an option Where should we look for your shipment? Here you have to inform the shipment place at the time of pickup. We can also add some instructions in the box provided.
- The next step is to select the timings of the pickup. You will see the option What Time Should we Pickup? Select the one which is preferable to you. If you opt to Specify a Pickup Window, then you have to log in to the USPS account.
- Later we have to select the date of the shipment from the When Should We Pickup box?
- At last, you have to mention the number of items you wish to send through USPS and the weight of the package (approximately in pounds).
- The final step is to select the option to Schedule a Pickup or Save. In this way, we can schedule a pickup.
Before scheduling a pickup few points have to be considered as necessary. They are as follows:
- You have to make sure that the packages should be sealed tightly.
- There should not be any delay in the packing of the package.
- The request forms for the package have to be submitted by 2:00 AM CST.
- You have to fix the right postage on the package.
- You may schedule for multiple pickups at a time.
- You can also schedule the package pickup in three months advance.
The USPS allows the customers to cancel the scheduled pickup at any time, but before 2:00 am Central Time on the specified date of the package pickup.
The delivery of the packages takes place from Monday to Friday. When USPS collects your package, the postal carrier will inform you. You have to log on to the link www.usps.com/pickup for more information to schedule a pickup.
How Does Package Pickup Work?
Package Pickup is a free space in which we can send many items such as packages, emails, documents without paying any money.
These are the few conditions to deliver the package:
- The package should not weigh more than 70 pounds, the length and the girth should not be more than 130 inches.
- If the package weighs more than 13oz the delivery will not take place.
- You can also schedule a free pick up for Priority Mail Express Items, Priority Mail shipments, First Class Package Service Commercial Items or any International Items.
- You can opt for the delivery on the next day or any specific day along with the standard pickup of the customer’s mail.
USPS will be available for different classes such as:
- In the domestic group
- Priority Mail Express
- Priority Mail Service
- Priority Mail Open and Distributor Shipments
- First-Class Package Service-Commercial Items
- Returns which include Bulk Parcel Return Service, Merchandise Return Service, and Parcel Return Service.
- In the international group
- Priority Mail International Service
- Global Express Guaranteed Service
- Priority Mail Express International Service
- First-Class Package International Service Shipments
To aid you all, we are providing additional details regarding the pickup delivery.
- Poisonous or any harmful materials are not allowed to transport in the form of the packages.
- The package shape, size, and measurements should be accurate.
- While sending any international items custom declaration form and postage stamps have to submit to the staff of the local post office.
- You can submit the package on the holiday or Sunday. But the delivery will take place the next day.
- You can also extend the Package Pickup Request by login the website. You can extend the Package Pickup up to 12 months from the present date.
The package pick up location may be as follows:
- Mailbox, Office, Reception, Side Door, Front Door, Back Door, Knock On Door, Mail Room.
- You can also find the current location of your package by using the tracking number.
- If you are sending the parcel within the US, you have to be at the pickup location.
How to refuse a USPS package?
This is a very simple process where you need to follow 3 basic steps. First of all, you have to write the word ‘refused’ on the mailpiece. After this, you have to put some dark marks on the address and barcode to read it automatically.
If you want, you can skip the second step as it is not that important; it is just to prevent the redirection of the mail piece to your mailbox. Lastly, you have to give it back to the US postal service. That’s it!
I hope that the article was helpful. For further details visit the official website of USPS or ask us using the comment section below.