USPS provides a service through which customers and business owners can track shipments, “USPS Tracking Number.” With the support of tracking numbers automatically assigned to all the packages, owners and customers excavate their system packages.
A USPS tracking number is a unique ID that is “20-22” digits long and for the USPS Express Mail Services it is “13” characters long starts with two letters and ends with “US”. Many customers and sellers are unfamiliar with the details of USPS tracking numbers. This article will cover all the details of the USPS tracking number example and how to track shipments through it.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is the meaning of “Track My USPS Shipment”?
USPS is well known for shipping goods both domestically and internationally. If you are not familiar with the process, then it’s also possible that you don’t know a great deal about the USPS tracking number. Whenever you make any eCommerce investment, the USPS tracking number will be sent, either through message or email. It can also be transmitted after the parcel reaches a retail location.
Mostly USPS Tracking Numbers vary between 20 – 22 digits or can also be a combination of 13 alphabetic and numeric characters (as mentioned below). Below mentioned are three formats and USPS Tracking Number Example.
USPS Tracking Number Example
|CP 000 000 000 US ( This format starts with 2 alphabets, followed by 9 digits, and ends with “US”)
|CP 000 000 000 US ( This format starts with 2 alphabets, following by 9 digits, and ends with “US”)
|Consist of 10 digits only (80 200 000 00)
- USPS Tracking: 1200 2000 0000 0000 00
- Certified Mail: 1203 1000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail: 4505 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Global Express Guaranteed: 80 200 000 00
- Collect On Delivery Hold For Pickup: 8905 2000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Registered Mail: 9808 9000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Signature Confirmation: 9505 2000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail International: CB 000 000 000 US
- Priority Mail Express: 8960 8000 0000 0000 0000 00 CP 000 000 000 US
- Priority Mail Express International: EA 000 000 000 US
Can I Get The Proof Of Delivery?
I hope these USPS Tracking Number Examples help. Now get to the other important points, USPS Proof Of Delivery is the email response letter that comes with all the delivery information starting from the recipient’s name, signature, address, and so on. Not all the USPS Tracking Services do not include Tracking Service, you can pair a USPS Tracking product with any extra service to receive additional proof of delivery something like “signature confirmation”.
How to track USPS Packages?
USPS comes with the online tracking status of all parcels and other mail items with a particular label or receipt number. Items shipped with “Priority Mail Express” include point-by-point tracking details while other services show when the item went out for delivery. Services that provide label numbers are Certified Mail, Registered Mail, Collect on Delivery, Priority Mail Express, Global Express Guaranteed, Priority Mail International, and Signature Confirmation.
Depending on the status from where it is starting and its destination you will be able to take different actions if available.
- Find the item’s tracking history and watch what kind of services and features they are associated with
- You can ask about your item details and also a Proof of Delivery mail
- You can leave instructions to the carrier or say they were to leave the parcel if no one is available to accept it.
Well, if you want to check the shipment through the USPS website, then just enter the tracking number into the UPS chatbot from the Help Center present on the website. For getting information through the phone at “1-800-222-1811”, sending a text message to 28777 or email at “email@example.com”.
So, how much time does USPS take to Update Tracking?
USPS updates tracking details only when the carrier or post office scans the parcel. But in case they stopped or forgot to scan then it can take up to 24 hours to be updated on the USPS site. There are certain illustrations where drivers forget to scan, leading to the delay of shipments. Barcode needs to be scanned at every point to get an update on the status of the shipment on your tracking dashboard. But when you find that even after 24 hours your package details are not being updated then the best way is to reach out directly to the USPS support system.
What does ” UPS Tracking Isn’t Updated” mean?
It may happen that USPS Tracking is not updating, then it is usual for USPS to request that customers wait up to 24 hours for their shipment tracking number to get logged by carrier services. If still, it is still not updating, then it may either have been picked up or yet been scanned. Make a call to the United States Postal Service customer service, and they will resolve it soon! Call at 1800-ASK-USPS.
USPS is a reliable and trusted courier service; hence delivery issues are minimal but not unexpected. So what to do if you do not receive any package? Below mentioned are the steps that will help to resolve this matter:
- Wait for 24 hours after the delivery timing and date
- If there are no updates, then report for the missing package/packages
- In case USPS finds the parcel, then it will directly send it to the original recipient
- If the parcel is still not found, then the shipper will charge a damage or loss letter through fax or email to the USPS
- USPS will then determine the value of the shipment and also verify the contents as per their guidelines
- The final step of USPS Tracking that will never arrive will either ask you for a replacement or schedule a refund.
There is a 99% chance that you will get reliable instruction and help from USPS Customer Service. After updating the status you may receive a message like “out for delivery” which implies that you will receive your item soon after that message appears.
Make Tracking Easy With USPS
With the introduction of tracking options, eCommerce business owners and customers can now keep the customers updated with their orders. No matter what service you are using USPS, do not forget to keep an eye on the shipments. Make sure to receive the package when you are home or organize someone else to pick up the package for you. Happy shipping!